Tuesday, July 31, 2012

City Hunter

Should you want to watch other Kdramas and this City Hunter, go to this: KimchiDrama.
Just last month I've been addicted watching Korean movies, and these guys do have a taste and a say in comes of romance.  Yeah, I'm quite a fan of these sorts. For me, their works are "little overrated", but real good ones.

Anyhow, I thought of watching Korean drama (Kdrama) even it would mean longer hours of sitting. City Hunter was just my fourth time to watch foreign Asian episodic/serial. First was way back Summer of 2002: Meteor Garden. Actors were Taiwanese. I was really into this one! Well, most Filipinos since it was aired in Philippines.
Next was One Liters of Tears, which is a Japanese drama. A guy friend of mine told me to watch this. Cry baby? Lol. As the drama title says, so the content is.

Third was Korean drama: My Princess. Sometime Holy Week last year, a TV network aired a marathon of this, and so because I wanted to catch with other missed scenes, I decide to watch the whole of it. I loved it, too. Its story seems liking-someone-you-should-hate one.

While the latest one was also because of media's influence. What about the recent? It's an action-drama-comedy-romance. A bunch of Filipino girls have a crush on the lead actor, Lee Min Ho, since he portrayed the lead role of the Korean version of Meteor Garden. I didn't watch the remake so I'm spared from the girls who google-s after him -- but not until I watched it. :P

I like the plot although there are scenes that a bit questionable. The notable ones are:
1) Some people already seen City Hunter (CH) from a closer view, even the people who he works with, or he is close with, so how these people do not recognize his stance and his back is strange. Given that he use a mask, but it doesn't entirely cover his face.
2) When CH had a fight with his Father's sidekick, there were other two bodyguards. I didn't know where they came from as for their existence didn't introduce in the first parts;
3) How this one guy received an SMS asking him to meet the CH but later on found out that there's not a trace of City Hunter. Then a little while, the guy sent a message to the real CH. Could it be he knows it's a decoy but still figure to go?
4) In one critical part where CH didn't bother phoning emergency when he so needs to; 
5) And aren't CCTVs working well on there? Or CH is just damn good in changing the videos after a snap and hacking video their system. 

But hey, I'm not a hater. :D

I've stumbled on a spoiler comment before watching it, but glad it didn't ruin the drama. Overall, I loove it! The way they twist the story is really commendable. Two words to describe it: vengeance and love. It reminds me of the a quote saying, "When a person has something important to protect, that's when they can truly become strong." -- Haku

Oh, the prosecutor is cute, too! Lee Joon Hyuk appearance caught my attention first before Lee Minho. He looks like Song Seung-heon, lead actor in My Princess. I google-d on that.

 
I just like this song

No comments:

Post a Comment