Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday the 13th

Who is frustrated today? I hardly met dreamland awhile ago. I was eager that we would get slots this second chance. I was stoked when I read Outbreak's post saying they will open another wave last Monday. I urgently sent SMS to my friends and was actually planning that that same day, I'll head off to any of the two branch assigned. They will only allow 200 registrants on each branch (Toby's Shangrila Mall and Runnr BHS ). Both of which aren't easily traveled from where I live. Hence I chose Shang.

Before I prepared, I google-d on their numbers so I could check first if there are still slots available. I called Runnr BHS and the lady seem to be not aware of the recent announcement of Outbreak. I didn't insist what I read because I haven't fully entertained thoughts of me going to Taguig. I called Toby's and they too didn't know the news, and just like that, there was a gush of words. Na-realize ko, it's on the 13th pa pala nila i-open and registration.

It's a good thing I need not to rush, but I could have also taken the chance of the news while it isn't talk of the town.
Photo courtesy of Outbreak Manila
Oh well, still have time to prepare for the 28th

I didn't thought it would be this long queue.
I was aware Shang will be open at 11am, but didn't realize people would wait very early than expected. I'm not known for being an early bird, but at least I came on time today. Now, lessons learned. There are A LOT of people who's willing to line up just after dawn breaks. Early for an 11 o'clock call time. Sadly, I'm not one of them. Hoping to be one, soon.

I guess you know where the story ends. It wasn't even half of the queue where the line gets cut. From what I heard, there's this guy who registered 70 persons. If it's true, he took almost half the wave. And whether it was granted, I am not sure.

No more Tomb Raider and other costumes for us this 28th of June. No more Wave Desperate and Wave Last Chance. But will definitely jog still!

Next Outbreak, we'll definitely register early. Sayang. My friends and I are so excited pa naman last night.
Photo courtesy




You might also want to watch their trailer: Outbreak Manila BGC

Anyway, about starting my career from scratch, I failed to reserve a slot for the training. The guy from information wasn't as accommodating as he has to be. Perhaps it's also the way of saying the place is a bit far from our house.

And yes, the hospital is bigger from what I usually see (Perpetual Succor, hospital just in our street), or could it be a culture shock from the long vacation I had? Lol. So, my Friday the 13th didn't go fruitful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment